Welcome to the Florida District of Circle K International Website!
This website is a service of the Florida District of Circle K International Board of Trustees. We hope you find your website to be a useful resource to you whether you are a CKI member, a club officer or advisor, a Kiwanian, or a person interested in CKI. If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact the District Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mission and Purpose
The mission of CKI is to involve college students in campus and community service while developing quality leaders and citizens. CKI inspires people to better our world.
Our mission is a statement of what CKI wants to become and for whom: Circle K International is college and university students who are responsible citizens and leaders with a lifelong commitment to community service worldwide. CKI inspires people to better our world. Its motto, the same as Kiwanis International’s, is “We Build.” CKI provides constructive opportunities for students to become involved on their campuses and communities through service work to others in need. CKI members have the chance to work with fellow students, children in the community, and other adults in need of special programs.
CKI holds the promise of today’s college student becoming tomorrow’s leader. It exists to meet the personal needs of the individual collegian through the qualities of leadership, the rewards of service, and the unique spirit of friendship. CKI’s potential lies in its ability to positively influence those in our society who are facing ultimate personal decisions and those who will one day create a vision of mankind for generations to come. CKI is the embodiment of those qualities necessary to shape the future, realized in the colleges and universities of today.
– CKI is an expanding service and leadership force on college and university campuses around the world.
– CKI is a respected and valued member of the Kiwanis Family.
– CKI is recognized as the service learning solution on college and university campuses around the world.
– CKI has a growing number of members seeking to participate as leaders throughout the organization.
– CKI has a diversified funding base.
– CKI operates with state-of-the-art information and communication technology.
Objects of CKI
– To emphasize the advantages of the democratic way of life;
– To provide the opportunity for leadership training in service;
– To serve on the campus and in the community;
– To cooperate with the administrative officers of the educational institutions of which the clubs are a part;
– To encourage participation in group activities;
– To promote good fellowship and high scholarship;
– To develop aggressive citizenship and the spirit of service for improvement of all human relationships;
– To afford useful training in the social graces and personality development; and
– To encourage and promote the following ideals:
– To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than to the material values of life;
– To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships;
– To promote the adoption and the application of high social, business and professional standards;
– To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive and serviceable citizenship;
– To provide through CKI clubs a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service, and to build better communities;
– To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which makes possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism and goodwill.